The Iowa State Letterwinners Club announced today Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame class of 2020. Five former Cyclone stars will be inducted into the Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame on Friday Oct. 16 in a ceremony at the Sukup End Zone Club in Ames. All five inductees will be honored at halftime of the Iowa State-Oklahoma game on Saturday Oct. 17.
Courtesy Cyclones Athletics. For full list, click here!
To be eligible for the Hall of Fame, athletes must be 10 years removed from their final season of competition at Iowa State. The 10-year eligibility rule was implemented this year from 15 years, which is a standard guideline among peer institutions.
Registration to purchase tickets for the banquet will open at a later date on cyclones.com.
Public tickets are $50 and athletic alumni are encouraged to join us for the entire weekend with reunion benefits.
The Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame was established in 1997 and 193 Cyclone legends have been enshrined. Induction into the Hall of Fame is the highest honor bestowed upon by the Iowa State Athletics Department and decided by a selection committee comprised of Iowa State administrators and athletic alumni.
2020 Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame Inductees
For full list, click here! Feature photo:
Lisa Koll (2007-2010) – Women’s Track & Field/Cross Country
- Four-time National Champion (2008, 2010)
- 11-time All-American (2007-10)
- USTFCCA National Female Track Athlete of the Year (2010)
- Three-time First-Team CoSIDA Academic All-American (2008-10)
- CoSIDA Academic All-American of the Year (2009)
- Big 12 Female Athlete of the Year (2010)
- Nine-time Big 12 Champion (2007-10)
- Two-time Iowa State Female Athlete of the Year (2008, 2010)
- Outstanding Performer at Big 12 Outdoor Championship (2009, 2010)
- Outstanding Performer at Big 12 Indoor Championship (2010)
- Collegiate record-holder in the 10,000-meter run at 31:18.07 (2010)
- U.S. Olympian in the 10,000-meter run (2012)